hey everyone!! I tried out this recipe with my cousin, Hope, who came here to San Mateo to hang out with us while my parents were at the hospital taking care of our newborn brother 🙂
We really really liked this recipe, so I thought i would share it with you 🙂 Credit goes to Veggie and the Beast Feast for their fabulous recipe!!
- 2½ cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup milk chocolate chips
- ½ cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
- ¾ cup hand-crushed graham crackers, NOT fine crumbs
- 10-11 large gelatin-free marshmallows (see notes), cut in half (NOTE: use vegan marshmallows for a puffier cookie)
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, salt, soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
- Cream the butter for a minute or two, then pour in the sugar and mix until light and fluffy. Mix in the honey, and then beat in the eggs.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Fold in the chocolate chips, and then gently fold in the graham cracker pieces.
- Refrigerate the dough for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Scoop up 1 tablespoon of dough, roll into a ball, flatten, and set down on a parchment-lined cookie sheet. Set the marshmallow right in the middle. Top with another tablespoon of flattened dough and press together. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes, until the sides are golden. Let sit on the cookie sheet for a couple minutes, and then transfer to a cooling rack.
note: do not overbake. try 10 minutes, and then go from there. the cookies always bake a little more on the cooling rack.
I really loved these cookies… especially with milk 🙂 The one thing I do recommend is changing the regular marshmallows to the vegan ones. When I baked these cookies, the marshmallows melted, and although it was delicious, it may be different if you bake it in less time, or change the marshmallows.
Enjoy this amazing recipe!!!!